There are two activities checking students’ understanding of the video:
You can run the activities in different ways:
📍Option 1- Group work/Competition/Jigsaw task
- Divide students into two groups.
- Provide group A with correct answers to Activity 1a. Get the group to do Activity 1a and discuss the answer (encourage peer teaching)
- Provide group B with correct answers to Activity 1b. Get the group to do Activity 1b and discuss the answer (encourage peer teaching)
- Pair students up with a partner from the other group. Ask students to test each other on the comprehension of the video by answering each other’s comprehension questions. Encourage students to discuss answers. Turn the activity into a competition.
Option 2- Whole class listening task
- Run both tasks as a whole class. Alternatively, choose either Activity 1a or 1b to check students’ comprehension.
- Activity 1a – don’t reveal the questions, play them instead so students can practise their listening skills. Only show students the multiple-choice options. Play the question at least twice.
- Make sure you give students time to discuss the questions in pairs/small groups before you take feedback.
- Activity 1b – don’t reveal the questions. Play the audio, turn the task into a listening activity. Get students to correct wrong statements and provide explanations to correct statements.