- Click on this link: Activity 2
- Share with the class and ask them to unscramble the sentences to make questions:
- Where were you visiting?
- Who were you travelling with?
- Where were you staying?
- Who are you standing next to?
- What were you thinking about?
- What were you wearing?
- What were you doing?
- Who was taking the photo?
- What were you feeling?
- What were you doing before the photo was taken?
- Show them a memorable photo from a past holiday and instruct them to ask you the above questions.
- Ask the class to share a photo of a good or bad holiday they remember (this can be done online, or they can bring a photo to class the next day).
- Ask them to look at their partners photo and interview them about their holiday using these past continuous questions.
- At the end of the lesson, they must tell the class about their partner’s holiday using the past continuous.
If your class need to review the past continuous please see online worksheets here:https://www.allthingsgrammar.com/past-continuous.html
If there are students who would prefer not to share a personal holiday photo, please ask them to select an image from here:https://pixabay.com/images/search/holiday%20+%20travel/?manual_search=1