Click on the link: ACTIVITY 1
Students can answer the questions by:
- saying ‘TRUE’ or ‘FALSE’
- standing up if it’s TRUE and sit down if it’s FALSE
- moving left if it’s TRUE and right if it’s FALSE
For online classes the Teacher can use the emoji function to correct
- Violet and Kana are in the same class.
- Kana comes from Tokyo.
- Akita is in the North of Japan.
- Violet has never heard of Kana’s hometown.
- Kana gets home at 8:30pm.
- Japanese students do homework when school finishes.
- Kana is assigned 3 hours of homework daily.
- Kana has to wear make up and jewellery to school.
- Taiwan has the longest school day.
- The education system on South Korea is more relaxed than in other countries.
Ask the students to work together to write down three other facts they remember.
This activity could be done before the video is played and as a follow up activity to aid with understanding the story.